Improving the Quality of Senior Adult Life
Seniors, 50 years of age or older, come to Forever Learning Institute to enhance and share their knowledge by participating in classes. The classes generally are 8-10 weeks long and are taught by volunteer subject-matter enthusiasts.
Our mission is to improve the quality and dignity of senior adult life through continuing intellectual growth, spiritual reflection, and social interaction.
The Institute is sponsored by corporate and community partners.
Students are admitted without regard to race, color, religion, or national and ethnic origin.
- My Polonaise Seeking Secretary (2/26/2017) - My Polonaise class is seeking as secretary to take minutes at Friday classes and report those minutes to members at the following Friday class. If interested, please contact Maxine Martinez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Big New Class – The Universe (2/15/2017) - The Universe attempts to explain the origin of creation from the very beginning (The Big Bang) up to the present time (now) with all the twists and turns needed for us to be here. Topics included in the five class sessions are the Cosmos, the Galaxies, the Stars, the Solar System and the Earth. Taught […]
- Zumba Gold (2/14/2017) - In partnership with the YMCA of Michiana, Zumba Gold will again be offered this spring on Wednesdays at 10:30 a.m. in the FLI gym. Check the course listings for details.
- New Executive Director (1/17/2017) - The FLI Board of Directors is pleased to announce the selection of Eve Finnessy as the new Executive Director of Forever Learning Institute. In this role, Eve will be responsible for all daily operations of FLI and will collaborate closely with the Board of Directors in promoting the ongoing development and viability of Forever Learning. […]
- Spring Semester (1/17/2017) - Registration at FLI is on February 21, 22, and 23 from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Online and mail in registration will be accepted beginning February 21 at 10:00 a.m. The Spring Semester runs March 6 to May 12; Snowbird classes begin April 3. Course guides will be mailed in early February.
- FLI Winter Session (1/17/2017) - In addition to FLI classes at the Jewish Federation, we are excited to have the first winter session at Little Flower Parish Center. Please continue checking here for class information. Please note: that the winter semester is shorter than the fall and spring semesters. In case of inclement weather, the instructors will do their best […]
- Hours (1/17/2017) - We are officially in Winter Hours. The office is open from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm Monday through Friday.